- Mar 2022
Data Protection Notice of RIKEN KEIKI GmbH
In this data protection notice, RIKEN KEIKI GmbH, Mergenthalerallee 77, 65760 Eschborn, Federal Republic of Germany, TEL： +49 (0)6196 7768451, (hereinafter “we” and “us”) wish to inform you as the controller pursuant to data protection law of how we process your personal data during your visit to our website https://www.rikenkeikigmbh.com/.
- Which personal data about you do we collect?
Personal data covers all information about a specific or specifiable natural person which you notify to us or which is generated or collected by us. This is, for example:
Content data: When you use other services of our website, for example the use of forms, the data entered by you or collected about you in this context as well the information provided to us by you will be processed.
Server log data: When you use our websites, data on your usage (such as the date and time of your visit, pages called up and files requested, type and version of the web browser used by you, type and operating system of the end device you use as well as your IP address) is temporarily stored in a log file on our server.
- What do we use your personal data for, on what legal basis and for how long?
- Your queries
Should you submit queries to us via a contact form, per e-mail or via a service telephone, we process the information given therein to answer your query as well as the IP address and date/time of the request in order to avoid misuse of the contact form.
The legal basis for the processing is our legitimate interest pursuant to Art. 6 (1) letter f GDPR in providing you with the aforesaid “queries” service. If your query concerns the initiation or processing (including customer service or warranty) of a contract, the additional legal basis for the processing is Art. 6 (1) letter b GDPR.
You may oppose the processing of your data on grounds of Art. 6 (1) letter f GDPR. In this case, upon proving mandatory reasons for the processing we can continue the processing. This can, in such case, be particularly necessary in order to prove past queries and communications with you. If no such mandatory reasons exist, we will cease our communication with you and delete already collected data.
This data will be deleted when our communication with you has ended, i.e. when the factual situation at issue has been conclusively clarified and no further legitimate interest exists for the storage, respectively no further statutory obligations exist to store such data.
- Provision of the website and rendering of services
The processing of the server log data is necessary for technical reasons in order to provide the website and render the services and thereafter to ensure the system security.
The legal basis for the processing is our legitimate interest in providing the website with our services (Art. 6 (1) letter f GDPR). The processing is a mandatory prerequisite for the use of our website; no objection right is hence available.
This data is deleted after 3 weeks at the latest.
The server log data may then be assessed in anonymised form for statistical purposes and to improve the quality of our internet presence. There is no link between the server log data and your personal data nor is the server log data combined in any way with other personal data sources.
- Transfer of the data
- Transfer of data to data processors
We partially use service providers, in observance of the statutory requirements, by means of data processor relationships, i.e. processing is performed on the basis of a respective contract, for our account, according to our directions and subject to our control.
Data processors are, in particular
- technical service providers whose services we retain for the provision of the website, e.g. service providers for software maintenance, data-processing operations and hosting
- technical service providers, whose services we retain for the provision of functionalities, e.g. technically required cookies.
- service providers for the practical execution of advertising and marketing measures, e.g. service providers for e-mail distribution and analysis cookies.
In such cases we remain responsible for the data processing; the transfer and processing of personal data to or by our data processors is made on the legal basis upon which we are permitted to process data in each case. No separate legal basis is required.
- Data transfer to third parties
We partially also transmit your data to third parties, i.e. partners with whom we collaborate outside of a contracted processing. Such partners render their services on their own responsibility; the processing of your data by our partners is exclusively governed by the data protection notices of such third party.
We may forward your enquiry together with the data specified by you to the responsible affiliated companies (please see the website https://www.rikenkeiki.co.jp/english of RIKEN KEIKI Co., Ltd. to find out more about our affiliated companies) in other countries whenever this may be required to answer your enquiry (e.g. because your enquiry refers to a business transaction or quotation from another country). The legal basis for the transfer is the performance of a service requested by you, Art. 6 (1), letter b GDPR, and/or our legitimate interest to answer your enquiry, Art. 6 (1), letter f GDPR.
- Cookies and web analysis
Cookies are small files stored on the user’s device. They allow the storage of information for a determinate period of time and the identification of the user’s device. For this purpose, also tracking-pixel might be used that are not stored on the user’s hard drive, but that may in the same way help to recognize a user’s device. When using the term “cookie”, this refers to cookies in the technical sense as well as tracking pixel and other technologies.
We use links to other internet presences of us on websites and services of third parties, e.g. to social media channels such as Facebook, Twitter or Youtube. These third parties are exclusively responsible for the data processing by such other service providers on their websites and their data protection notices apply.
We and our service providers take technical and organisational security measures to protect your personal data managed by us against accidental or deliberate manipulation, loss, destruction or access by unauthorised persons. Our data processing and our security measures are improved on a constant basis according to the technical developments.
During the transfer of your personal data to us it is encrypted with Secure Socket Layer (SSL). Personal data which is exchanged between you and us or other participating enterprises is fundamentally transmitted via encrypted connections which meet the latest technical standards.
Our employees and our retained service providers are naturally obliged to maintain confidentiality.
- Your rights to information, correction, blocking or deletion
Every natural person whose personal data we process has, in principle (i.e. depending on the respective preconditions), the following rights vis-à-vis us:
Should you have questions regarding our processing of your personal data, we would be pleased to provide you at any time and at no charge with information on the data stored about you (Art. 15 GDPR).
- You have a right to the correction of incorrect data as well as completion of incomplete data (Art. 16 GDPR).
- You have a right to the blocking/limitation of the processing or to deletion of personal data concerning you which is no longer required or stored on grounds of legal obligations (Art. 17, 18 GDPR).
- You have a right to the transfer of the data in a structured, standard and machine-readable format, insofar as you have provided us with the data on grounds of a consent or contract between us and you (Art. 20 GDPR).
- You have the right to object at any time to the processing of your data for direct marketing purposes (Art. 21 para. 2 and 3 GDPR).
- You have the right to object to a processing on the basis of legitimate interest, in which case we are entitled to demonstrate our compelling reasons (Art. 21 para. 1 GDPR). We have pointed out above (clause 2) in which cases this right applies.
- Insofar as you have consented to a data processing, you can revoke this consent at any time with effect for the future, i.e. the legality of the data processing remains unaffected until the date of the revocation. After a revocation of consent, you may no longer be able to use our services.
Please address your concerns in writing (reference: data protection) to RIKEN KEIKI GmbH, Mergenthalerallee 77, 65760 Eschborn, Federal Republic of Germany, or by e-mail to email@example.com the contact details given in point 8 below. We reserve the right to check your identity to ensure that your personal data is not disclosed to unauthorised persons.
Furthermore, you are entitled to file a complaint with a supervisory authority for data protection.
From time to time the content of this data protection notice may have to be modified. We therefore reserve the right to amend them at any time. We will also publish the amended version of the data protection notice at this place. When you revisit us, you should therefore reread the data protection notice.
Version 1.0, 2021